Both Nolan and Shoei are known for making premium helmets and now they are releasing their version of what a modular/flip-up helmet should be. With the upcoming release of the HJC RP-Max this spring, it should be a great year for modular helmets. See our comparison of the Nolan N-104 and Shoei Neotec below!
Shoei has already released their Neotec modular helmet and they are going fast! The Neotec is available in 7 solid colors including: black, matte black, anthracite, white, light silver, wine and brilliant yellow. The Nolan N-104 is available in solids too but is also offered in 17 stunning colors!
Both helmets are chock full of amazing features but the choice is made easier by the difference in fit. According to webBikeWorld.com, “…the Neotec [has an] internal shape and fit (“neutral” to “slightly round”), while the N-104 is neutral to “slightly narrow”. Riders who have already established brand loyalty by fit should have an easy time choosing.
- Flip-up chin bar & face shield
- Noise-reduction design
- Stainless steel components within pivot locking system
- 3 Shell sizes
- XS-XXL sizing
- Internal sun shield (QSV-1)
- New CNS-1 shield (wider and taller than the previous CX-1V shield)
- Pinlock anti-fog shield & lens system included
- Fully removable 3D interior liner
- Interchangeable cheekpads to customize comfort & fit
- Channeled dual-layer EPS liner enhances ventilation
- Features EPS liner in chin bar
- Breath guard and chin curtain included
Nolan helmets continue to improve with every model released. This March the new N-104 modular helmet will be released in solids and graphics. That’s right, the N-104 will be available in graphics which gives riders more options. Just to give you an idea of how amazing Nolan helmets are, all manufacturing and painting is done in house at their facility in Italy. The Nolan N-104 has also received praise for its enlarged eye port which gives the wearer an increased field of vision.
- Injected polycarbonate GE Lexan shell
- 2 shell engineering allows Nolan to offer sizes from 2XS to 3XL
- Dimensionally correct sizing allows ample cubic volume in chin/nose area
- Ultra-wide eye port opening is the largest on any Nolan helmet for superior vision
- So unique that faceshields are sized to fit the 2 shell sizes
- Centromatic chin guard opening mechanism
- Shield is changed by a simple push button mechanism
- Pinlock shield included with each helmet
- New VPS System
- VPS lens is scratch and fog resistant
- New AIRBOOSTER ventilation system
- Removable, washable interior is anti-fungal and anti-microbial
- New Microlock2 retention system
- Factory ready for the new B4 N-com system
- Meets or exceeds D.O.T. standards